We value our assistant researchers – they gain experience and new skills working with us.
We employ several assistant researchers each year to undertake core analysis and research related to Ridgeway’s business. These projects are often for high-profile clients and focus on pressing international issues and themes.
Assistant researchers are assigned to one theme or a specific project, or they may work across a range of different projects depending on business needs, the researcher’s skill set and preference. We currently have assistant researchers working across commercial and public sector projects.
Who we are looking for
Ridgeway Information is looking for 6 Assisstant researchers to join our nuclear non-proliferation and research team 2021-22. You will be working 4 days per calendar month remotely or in our London office. Candidates must be normally based in the UK and preferably in the London nearby areas for the duration of their employment.
- Right to work in the UK (unfortunately, we cannot sponsor working visas for this position)
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree
- In the academic year 2021-22, being enrolled as a postgraduate student in any discipline (applications from undergraduates will be automatically rejected)
- Strong research and communications skills
- Keen interest in public policy and/or international affairs
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Languages (desirable, but not essential): Arabic, Farsi, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian
- Technical knowledge (desirable, but not essential): ArcGIS, Java, Python
- Training in using open sources and innovative research methodologies
- London Living Wage pay
- Mental Health Employee Assistance Programme
- Potential opportunities to work extra days per month by mutual agreement
Application details and process
- Deadline: 1st October 2021, 1700 BST
- Interviews: w/b 11th October 2021
- Start date: 25th October 2021
- Process: Fill in the form here. This includes details of your previous experience, qualifications, a personal statement and a short writing sample (max 200 words each).
Recruitment at Ridgeway
We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, ages and experiences, and we highly encourage applications from people of colour, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBT+ community. We are committed to full inclusion of those qualified for this position.
If you require reasonable accommodation to fill in this application, interviewing or any other participation in this process, please email email@example.com including ‘Accessibility help’ in your email title. In line with our commitments to the Gender Champions in Nuclear Policy network, all our applications will be considered gender-blind.
Outcomes and career development
This is a very successful programme and brings all-round benefits to participants, clients and Ridgeway as a whole. Assistant researchers gain experience of working on analysis and research projects with real-world impacts.
Assistant researchers get valuable opportunities to further expand and showcase their research and analysis skills, and see how these can be applied in professional settings. The programme is an extremely positive experience that builds confidence and often opens up new career ideas and opportunities.
Previous assistant researchers have transitioned to full-time research roles at Ridgeway. Others have gone on to work for the US State Department, the US Department of Defence, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the UK Treasury and British Aerospace.
We are extremely proud of our assistant researcher alumni and aim to stay in touch through a range of events and networking opportunities.